Friday, September 07, 2012

Long weekend in Sep - Outing with the munchkins!

Firstly, I didn't even KNOW that Teacher's Day has been changed to the first FRIDAY in September - I kept thinking it was on 1 September!!!

Anyway, took a day off since the kids need someone to take care off with the center closure.  Earlier in that week, I'd planned to bring them out to watch Alice in Wonderland at United Square.  And it seems that there is only 2 shows for 7 Sep; at 1PM and 7PM.  My timing is only for 1PM and still can rush back home for their PM nap; fingers crossed (back then when I was STILL doing the planning!)



They woke up late and had a LONG breakfast where they ate at snail's pace while watching the new DVDs which I purchased online - SuperWhys and LeapFrog Series (130 series in ALL; OMG!!!) and arrived just a few days earlier.  I shooed them to get ready and we headed out by 11AM.  The journey to United Square is by bus; which I thought would be fun coz Lil Boy always wanted to take the bus HERE and THERE!

But the journey was way too long, even for me as I felt my bum getting a little numb after almost 1 hour. Bleah!  And Lil Boy almost fell asleep as we were about to reach the destination.  And we got there just 15mins before showtime and had to settle to be on the 2nd level as the queue to get into the area was way too long; and even if we were to queue; it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get a seat!



The live show was a little too long for the Lil Boy; and the sound system from our spot was pretty bad and that got him fidgeting midway through the show. Lil Missy was enjoying herself while asking me questions about why the queen didn't have her Card Guards with her, why this and why that... etc.etc.etc....


Check out the photos...






My happy gal after the show.  And then we're off for our late lunch @ Swensen.

The food came VERY LATE and I was quite upset that I gave the server a piece of my mind! The kids were almost HALF full by the time the food arrived; Lil Boy had walloped 3 Oreos and a glass of vanilla milk shake while Lil Missy only ate 3/4 of her pizza; which is a 1/4 of the one I ordered.  I ended up clearing up almost all the food but had to get them to pack the side dish and the last 1/4 of the pizza left....  Burp!  But NOT a very happy/pleasant burp; oh no, not at this Swensen and it'll definitely be the LAST visit! Grrrr....

I promised the kids indoor playground when we left the house; as Lil Missy was always 3 steps ahead of me; asking me questions like : "After doing XXX, what shall we do, mamii?", "After we finished this, where will we go, mamii?", etc... so I have to plan things that PLEASES her; the Lil Boy will just enjoy what is ahead. He is easy to please... as he has yet to know DEMAND just yet! ('',)

We went to SingKids and the kids have a LOT of fun... these pictures say a thousand words :)







by the time we left United Square; they were both tired out and the long journey back home was peacefully quiet... as the Lil Boy zonked out shortly after we boarded the bus.

It was a tiring day but I am glad the kids enjoyed themselves thoroughly.  And despite the heavy load of their stuffs (water bottles, snacks, sweaters, etc etc) and carrying the boy when he got a little whiny; I felt pretty good that I managed to single-handedly brought them out and came back safely.  Most importantly, the only temper raising event was due to the slow service at Swensen but the kids; they BEHAVED themselves pretty well today.

Well done, my angels....
well done, myself too :)

No comments: