Wednesday, April 09, 2014

And the Lil Boy turned 5....

And so time flies and without much fanfare (as compared to Little Missy's big 6); my Lil Boy turned 5 today.

I was a little upset that I didn't managed to get the cake he wanted... or rather, i had wanted for him to have as the bakery that I went to; was very limited in their choices and they do not customize birthday cakes.

Me, on being a little stingy these days... decided to improvise as much as I can... anyway, it turned out pretty nice.  Most importantly, Lil Boy was happy... just look at his smiles... and his friends were happy too! And that short period of time celebrating at the childcare is all that matters. :)

Yes, the fully improvised cake ... I added the little "HotWheels" banner at the back, the start/finish line flags on the cake as well as change the tiny vehicles give by the bakery with actual tiny HotWheels cars which Lil Boy had wanted.


And he's quite pleased with the outcome... the smile says it all :)


I'm quite pleased... he's finally enjoying his birthday celebration in childcare, compared to the previous few where he tends to be a little gloomy and all ... maybe he's really grown a little older to enjoy his special day!


I had to crop this from the video... he blew the candles way too fast before we even asked him to!  He simply can't wait! haha...

And getting ready to cut the cake as well.

With his form teacher, Ms Azreen.

As much as we all wanted to join in for this celebration, now that Little Missy is in P1 (afternoon class); it seems quite impossible to have the family celebrate it at childcare with him...so it's just dear me and my 'not-so-little-anymore' Lil Boy this year.

Happy and Blessed 5th Birthday, Gaby.
You've brought us tremendous joy and happiness, despite your mischief at home and at school; and we wish that you good health and happiness and to enjoy your childhood as much as you can.

Love you lots and lots!
XOXOXO

No comments: